Does this say Welcome?

Does this say Welcome?
Does this say Welcome?

Sunday 15 July 2012

THE SUMMER GARDEN


Everyone loves a sunny warm summer to holiday in but my personal favorite is the evolution of the Garden. I have to share my pictures.

My beautiful Curry plant has produced lovely delicate yellow flowers that tie in nicely with my wall of stunning yellow daylilies.

Funny story on the Daylilies.....I sent my husband to purchase them 2 summers ago from the nursery and he came back with, what I thought were all yellow, but a large collection of mixed yellows AND some bright orange ones.

Now when the wall blooms, every now and then an orange one pops up and ruins the intentional yellow wall so I have to cut off it's little innocent head. My husband tells me that the Landscape designer told him that all one color would look silly. I said " Whaaaaaa?????" I have no idea where the designer earned her degree but I curse her every time a random orange Daylily pops up!!!!


The herb garden has really benefited from all the crazy rain. The gardens are all so incredibly lush.



And just so you don't think that my entire garden is yellow, all of my Pinks are going crazy too. I'm convinced that there is something special in the soil here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment